Advertise with us

ACL Division 3 Results & Wrap Up

Sunday 27.05.2018
Team Talk Mag


Sunday 27th May 3:45pm
Clann na nGael 4-17 Killyman 1-06
Beragh 2-9 Clogher 0-15

CNG enjoyed a convincing win over Killyman on Sunday but they did not have it all their own way in a close and competitive first half.

An Enda McGahan goal from a penalty after ten minutes put Killyman 1-1 to 0-2 in front before Daniel Houston hit the net for CNG to put the North Tyrone team ahead again. Four points from Danny Ball helped them reach the break 1-7 to 1-4 ahead.

The second half became a bit of a procession for CNG with further goals from Niall Kerlin (2) and Gareth Mc Dermott and points from Dominic Devine, Michael O’Neill and Paul Gormley while Killyman only managed two points over the closing thirty minutes.

Enda McGahan also hit three of his team’s six points while Owen O’Rourke, Conor O’Rourke and Declan Boyle were also on target.

There was a large and noisy crowd at Beragh on Sunday as the Red Knights entertained Clogher Eire Ogs In Division 3 of the Tyrone ACL.

In what was an exciting and highly competitive game the sides finished level after over an hour’s pulsating action.

Beragh were quickly out of the traps and with Martin Rodgers on form they raced into a 1-2 to no score lead after less than five minutes.

Clogher settled slowly and Ryan Mc Caughey’s accuracy from placed balls helped get them back into the game. However Beragh added 1-4 inside the next five minutes with Oisin Donnelly hitting the net and Cathal Owens, Chrissy Devlin and Jack Campbell scoring points.

Shortly after that Beragh lost Martin Rodgers to injury and had a goal disallowed for over carrying. Clogher then began to win more possession around the middle of the park and hit six unanswered points before the break to drag themselves back into the game. Ryan Mc Caughey, Conor Shiels, Mark Bogue and goalkeeper Rory Mc Elroy were the men with the accurate feet for the Eire Ogs.

The second half saw no let up in the pace or quality of the game. However both defences tightened up considerably and scores were hard to come by. Clogher landed first blood with a fine Conor Shiels point inside the opening thirty seconds but it was the fourteenth minute before the next score arrived.

Oisin Donnelly extended the Beragh lead to two before a Ryan Mc Caughey brace tied the game. Donnelly again and Aaron Owens put the Red Knights two up again and seemingly on course for another league win.

However Clogher ran their bench and dug deep.  With Conor Shiels leading the way and Ryan Mc Caughey and Mark Bogue on target the Eire Ogs fought back for a deserved draw.

Final score: Beragh 2-9 Clogher 0-15



Advertise with us