Advertise with us

ACL | Division 3 Results & Wrap Up

Sunday 17.04.2016
Team Talk Mag

Tyrone ACL Division 3
Drumquin 0-17 Errigal Ciaran 1-3
Brocagh v Clann na nGael
Owen Roes 2-11 Clogher 0-7
Fintona 0-10 Tattyreagh 0-14
Dregish 1-12 Newtownstewart 1-11
Beragh 0-8 Castlederg 2-11
Drumragh 0-15 Glenelly 1-9
Killeeshil 6-17 Killyman 0-8

Owen Roes got the better of a disappointing Clogher side that failed to build on a reasonable first half showing. With points from Ciaran Shiels, Ryan Mc Caughey and Conor Mc Caughey Clogher led 0-3 to 0-2 early on against the wind but a trio of points from Charles O’Doherty, Seamus Dooher and Cathal Mc Shane changed the score and the complexion of the game. Leading by three at the break the home side hit the net early in the second half through Seamus Dooher and buoyed by this goal Owen Roes added a second from Michael Dooher shortly after to virtually seal the win. Clogher did respond with scores from Shiels and Marc Mc Connell but the home side were good value for their ten point win.

Killeeshil enjoyed a high scoring win over Killyman with Aarron Mc Kenna and Eoghan Donaghy hitting 4-7 between them. Packie Mc Mullan (1-1) and Pascal Donaghy (1-0) also found the net on a day when the hoops showed they will be almost certainly be among the contenders for honours in junior football this year. Killyman struggled for scores with only Mickey Donnelly, Declan Boyle and Niall Mc Alinden carrying any real scoring threat.

Drumragh hosted Glenelly at Clanabogan and held out to win by three. A second half penalty conversion by Seamus Harkin gave the Plumbridge lads hope of taking something from the game but in truth they were second best for most of the match. Ronan O’Kane top scored for Glenelly with 0-8 but it was not enough to deny the Sarsfields the win. With Kevin Marron, James Colgan, Gareth Haughey and Martin Taggart in great form the home side led 0-9 to 0-6 at the break and in spite of conceding the penalty goal were deserved winners. Marron (0-6) and Taggart (0-5) provided the scoring threat for the winners.

Beragh made it two defeats from two starts following a nine point defeat to Castlederg. The Red Knights started well and were 0-3 to no score ahead after eight minutes. However  once the Derg settled to the game the home side struggled for scores. Stefan Gallen, Paddy Porter, Paddy Lynch, Brian Coyle and Conor Mc Callion all landed points to edge the Derg in front before Paidraig Keyes found the net for the North Tyrone side. The Derg reached the break 1-7 to 0-5 in front and although they were reduced to fourteen men early in the second half a goal and a point in the space of a minute by super sub Bradley Devine sealed the win.

Tattyreagh made the short journey to neighbours Fintona for their derby clash and came away with a hard fought four point win. The Tatts led 0-9 to 0-5 at the break and their youthful side did more than enough to ensure the points left with the visitors. James Darcy (0-5), Robert Porter (0-3) and Duncan Hyndman were responsible for the majority of the winners scores.

Dregish locked horns with neighbours Newtownstewart and made it two wins from two starts with a last minute point from Barry Devenney securing a narrow win. The teams were level on nine occasions during the game.  Scores from Ryan Mayse, Michael Corless and Brendan Boyle were matched by Aidan O’Kane, Niall O’Kane, Barry Devenney and Peter Mc Crossan. Dregish must have thought they had the game won as the clock ticked past sixty minutes and the scoreboard showed them two in front. However Newtown fought back and scores from Gary Duffy and Aidan Mc Sorley tied the game once again. There was still time for one final twist and Devenney finished the game with the winning point to leave the Pearse Ogs players and supporters delighted with the win and their perfect start to the season.



Advertise with us