Campa Chormaic was founded eight years ago as a memorial to the Tyrone Captain Cormac McAnallen. It is the objective of Campa Chormaic to promote the values of Cormac during the Camp. Irish language classes are organised in the Brantry Bard and in the afternoon the pupils practise their football, camogie and Hurling skills in St. Patrick’s G.F.C Eglish, Cormac’s club.
The arrangements for Campa Chormaic 2012 are;
• Week 1 – Pupils between 8 – 12 years old. 16th July – 20th July.
• Week 2 –Pupils between 12 -16 years old. 23rd July – 27th July .
• Basic, intermediate and higher level classes are available based on pupils language ability.
• Language classes will take place in the morning and will be followed by football, hurling and camogie practice.
• Fee £40
• A bus will be available from Coalisland and Dungannon.
• Morning classes start at 10am and activities finish at 4pm each day.
• Expert coaches and intercounty players and greats will visit the camp each week.