Advertise with us

Division 1 Wrap Up

Sunday 12.05.2013
Team Talk Mag

Ardboe consigned Errigal Ciaran to their first defeat of the season with a home win.  Ardboe got off to  an excellent start when Eugene Martin found the Errigal net inside thirty seconds.  Tommy Canavan and Ciaran McGinley responded with points for Errigal but the  home side fully deserved their 1-5 t0 0-6 lead at the short whistle.  Kyle Coney and Ryan Lynch swapped points in the second half and with ten minutes to go the outcome of the game remained in the balance.  However, John McConville got on the end of a long ball into the square to punch the match winning score to the net and secure both points for the Rossa’s.  Final Score – Ardboe 2-9 Errigal 0-12

Trillick entertained Moy at home this afternoon and they recorded their first win of the new season at the end of a very entertaining sixty minutes.  Moy did lead by three points at the break thanks to the efforts mainly of Paul Rouse and Sean Cavanagh.  After the break Trillick took control of the game with Richard Donnelly, Niall Gormley and Daire Gallagher all contributing to the St Macartan’s win.  Richard Donnelly finished the match with 0-5.  Final Score – Trillick 0-14 Moy 0-10

Killyclogher recorded their first win of the season with a two point win over Cookstown in Ballinamullan.  They got off to a wonderful start when Conor Meenan punched the ball to the Cookstown net inside four minutes.  Cookstown hit back with points through John Gilmore, Christopher Eastwood and Owen Mulligan leaving the Fr Rock’s ahead 0-6 to 1-2 at the break.  It was nip and tuck throughout the second half as scores from Mulligan and Eastwood were cancelled out by Leo Meenan, Conor Meenan and Thomas Flanagan.  Cookstown should have scored a goal mid way though the half when full forward Gilmore blazed his shot narrowly wide of the post.  Killyclogher pushed on inside the last ten minutes and scores from Conor Meenan and Simon O’Neill saw them over the line.  Final Score – Killyclogher 1-8 Cookstown 0-9

Dromore are three from three after they defeated the surprise packet of the year so far Eglish away from home.  Dromore were made to fight all the way for the points as Eglish pulled ahead 0-5 to 0-3 at one point.  Gregory Jordan and Pete McCann both had a brace of points for the St Patrick’s men while Paddy Montague scored 0-2 for Dromore in the opening half.  After the break McCann was on the scoreboard again but then Dromore scored six points without reply.  Colm McCullagh and Paddy Montague both converted points to pull the 2011 league champions clear.  Final Score – Eglish 0-7 Dromore 0-12

Augher were one of four teams in Division 1 to record their first victory of season as they defeated Donaghmore by six points this afternoon.  Augher were 1-8 to 0-2 up at the break thanks to 1-2 from Jamie Donnelly and points from Daire Kavanagh and Kevin Hackett.  Shane Mulgrew scored Donaghmore’s only points in the opening thirty minutes.  On the restart Kavanagh and Donnelly added further points before Mulgrew and Kelvin Hughes both bagged goals for Donaghmore.  Augher steadied the ship though with points from Jarlath Daly and Jamie Donnelly.  Top scorer in Division 1 Shane Mulgew got on a scoresheet again as a long ball in from him went straight to the Augher net.  Once again Augher gained control of the match and finished off the contest with scores from Kavanagh and Raymond McElroy.  Final Score – Augher 1-17 Donaghmore 3-5

Carrickmore got their first win of the season following their 0-15 to 0-9 win away to Clonoe. The home side played with the breeze in the first half but trailed at the break in spite of Stephen Mc Nulty hitting three points and Conor Mc Aliskey getting a brace. Martin Penrose was in superb form for the winners and along with Kevin Mc Nally and Paul Mc Aleer made sure that Barney Gormley’s side reached the break in front. Clonoe wing back Sean Hughes got the first score of the second half but that proved to be Clonoe’s final score as Penrose and Barry Daly led their side to a six point win.

Omagh ran up an impressive tally today but know that they were pushed all the way by a gallant Greencastle side. St Endas led 0-7 to 0-3 at the break with Conan Grugan and Ryan Mc Bride hitting five first half points between them. John Mc Cullagh and Mark Carson made sure that Sean Teague’s side were still in the game at the break. With eight minutes to go the sides were level following Darren Mc Kenna’s goal and points from Mark Carson and Sean Warnock. However Omagh hit a real purple patch with three goals in the closing six minutes to run up a 3-10 to 1-6 victory. Their goals came from Cormac O’Neill, Paddy Doherty and Jason Mc Anulla.

In the final game of the day Coalisland made the short trip to the Lough shore and to take on Derrylaughan before emerging with a well deserved 3-14 to 1-9 win over the Kevin Barrys. Star of the show for the winners was county man Paddy Mc Neice who hit 1-5 from full forward while Stephen Mc Nally and Niall Fox also found the net for the Fianna. Eoin Carberry and Brian Toner hit five points between them for the men in blue while county minor Stephen Mc Grath with 1-2 and Gerard Mc Aliskey 0-4 were the top scorers for a disappointing Derrylaughan side.



Advertise with us