Advertise with us

Division 3 Wrap Up

Sunday 21.04.2013
Team Talk Mag

Fintona began their season in a positive manner with a deserved 2-7 to 0-10 win over Aghaloo. Two first half goals proved vital in this victory with one for Benny Mc Carney and the other a penalty from Aaron Mc Carney. Former county minor Aaron also score two first half points as the Pearses reached the break leading 2-2 to 0-4. Aghaloo’s first half scores came from Tiernan Donnelly, Stevie Donnelly and Gerard Mc Caughey.

The second half was a very evenly balanced affair with Aghaloo adding six points to their total as Stevie Donnelly and Mc Caughey continued to show the way in the scoring stakes. Jason Donnelly, Tommy Mc Grath, Conor Mc Goldrick, Bernard Cassidy and Aaron Mc Carney were on target for Fintona as they held on for a well earned two points.

Killeeshil enjoyed a very convincing 2-16 to 0-5 win over their neighbours Errigal Ciaran 3rds. The first half was a close fought low scoring affair as both sides battled with the elements. The home side reached the break 1-3 to 0-3 in front with their goal from from Anton Mc Gonnell and points from Shane Mallon and Eoin Donnelly. Killeeshil pulled away convincingly in the second half with Gary Reilly, Mallon again and Rory O’Neill to the fore.

Castlederg got the new season off to a great start with a 2-8 to 0-5 win over Drumragh at home. Playing with the aid of a strong win the home side began well and led by three points ten minutes in. Drumragh opened their account through Shane Cleary but then lost Chris O’Doherty to an arm injury. Castlederg continued to add to their tally and a goal from Sean Harper just before half time helped them reach the break 1-7 to 0-3 ahead. Harper added another goal in the second half while Mark Corry and Stefan Gallen contributed a handful of points each to ensure a good start to the season for the Derg side.

Tattyreagh made the long trip to Brocagh and produced a superb team display to win convincingly 1-14 to 0-8. A goal after fifteen seconds from Conor Taggart gave the visitors the perfect start. Taggart added a further two points while the returning Collie Harkin also got his name on the score board to send the Tatts in at the break leading 1-3 to 4 points. Tattyreagh continued to control the game after half time adding further scores through Taggart again, Chris Mc Carroll and Kevin Gallagher.

Beragh hosted Owen Roes in the late evening game and by four 0-10 to 0-6. Once again Marty Rodgers led the way in scoring for the Red Knights with 0-7 to his name. He was joined on the score board by Cathal Owens, Eddie Molloy and Sean Mc Mahon while all added a point each. Loughmacrory came from 1-3 to 0-4 down at the break to win their opening division three game to win by five on a final score of 1-11 to 1-6. An early Peter Mc Crossan goal gave the visitors the perfect start but the introduction of Sean Paul Slane to the action helped turn the game in favour of the Loch as they got the ideal welcome to the realities of junior football. Sean O’Kane top scored for the winners with 1-1 while Ronan and Enda Ward and Niall Grimes were also on target for the home side.

Clogher got the better of Drumquin by a single point winning 0-10 to 1-6 in a close fought game. The sides were level at the break 0-5 apiece and although Drumquin hit a late goal through Jamsie Winters it was not enough to deny the home side a one point win. Glenelly made the long trip to Killyman and came away disappointed to lose out 1-11 to 0-10. There was little between the sides in the opening thirty minutes as the home side reached the break leading 0-5 to 0-3. Michael Donnelly (0-2), Declan Mc Alinden, Ryan Mc Kenna and Enda Mc Gahan were on target for the home side while Seamus Harkin and Kevin Mc Anena got the Glenelly scores. The second half was also a hard fought affair but Killyman’s early goal made all the difference as they fought their way to a four point win. Seamus Harkin and Enda Mc Gahan were among the scorers for their respective sides in the second half.



Advertise with us