Advertise with us

Edendork And Omagh Win In Dunmoyle

Saturday 31.08.2019
Team Talk Mag
Championship Football


The LCC Senior Championship continued on Saturday afternoon with a double header at Dunmoyle.

New kids on the block Tattyreagh took on Edendork in the opening game before Dungannon Clarkes and Omagh locked horns in the second game.

Edendork proved much too strong for the Tatts with County man Darren Mc Curry, Conn Kilpatrick, Ruairi Conlon and Conor Mallon outstanding for the winners. Paul Donaghy opened the scoring in the fifth minute before Darren Mc Curry hit four in a row to ease Edendork five clear.

Goalkeeper Niall Morgan was called upon to make a fine stop from Collie Harkin before two long placed balls from the foot of Tattyreagh goalkeeper Niall Keyes left three between the teams with ten first half minutes remaining.

Edendork were playing wind assisted and from then until the end of the first half they added a further 1-2 without reply, their goal from the mercurial Mc Curry, to leave the half time score 1-9 to 0-2.

Tattyreagh were struggling all over the field and saw no relief from the pressure after the break as Edendork displayed great hunger and intensity. They added a further 1-5 after the break with Neil Kilpatrick, Niall Morgan and Emmett Hughes getting among the scores.

The Tatts battled gamely but in spite of the best efforts of Eoghan Murray, Peadar Mullen, James Darcy and Fearghal Armstrong they could not get the goals their team needed. Indeed in one phase of attacking play they were denied three times by Edendork midfielder Conn Kilpatrick as he and his team ensured their goal line was not breached.

Final score: Edendork 2-14, Tattyreagh 0-8

The second match of the double header saw a very well organised Omagh side defeat Dungannon in a game that seemed over at half time but came to life late in the second half as The Clarkes went for broke.

Ronan O’Neill, Barry Tierney, Conan Grugan, Conor Meyler and Conor O’Donnell were outstanding as Omagh bossed the game during a one sided first half in which Dungannon played second fiddle to the St Endas men. Omagh’s opening score was a goal which came in the third minute after great work from Connor O’Donnell and Ronan O’Neill helped set up centre back Ciaran Mc Laughlin as he finished to the net. O’Neill, Meyler, Grugan and Tierney were among the scorers  as Omagh reached the break 1-7 to 0-3 clear. The Dungannon scores came from two Patrick Molloy frees and a fine point from Patrick Quinn.

After the break and playing with the strong wind Dungannon opted to maintain their approach to the match playing a deep lying sweeper which Omagh continued to expose with clever running play and good use of the support players.

With eleven minutes remaining Omagh looked comfortable as they led 1-12 to 0-6 following further scores from Tierney, Grugan and O’Neill while the Clarkes added three points courtesy of Patrick Molloy.

The Clarkes then went for broke, pushed up man to man and threw on Kiefer Morgan, James Morgan and Conor Mc Kee. The momentum of the game began to change as Molloy and K Morgan added points before Paidi Mc Nulty slam dunked one to the net.

The Clarkes players rallied and James Morgan earned a penalty after being dragged to the ground. Omagh goalkeeper Niall Mc Ginn made amends for the foul with a superb diving save from Lorcan Mallon’s effort. A brace of points brought Dungannon within two points but with time almost up Omagh broke up the field and Conor O’Donnell sealed the win for St Endas.

Final score: Dungannon 1-10, Omagh 1-13.



Advertise with us