Advertise with us

Mac Rory Cup Quarter Final Exit For Dungannon.

Friday 10.02.2012
Team Talk Mag

Time runs out for Dungannon and it is the Armagh side that finish strongest with the last score of the game to finish convincing winners 0-17 to 2-07 and progress to the last four. Dungannon just were not good enough on the night and were well beaten in the end. Tyrone’s hopes of Mac Rory success now rest with Omagh CBS who take on St Michael’s Enniskillen in the remaining quarter final. For St Pat’s Dungannon thoughts now turn to the Corn na nOg final where they will take on a very big and very physical Maghera side. A win for the Tyrone lads would help ease the pain of defeat in tonight’s game.

Two minutes of injury time left and Dungannon trail 2-07 to 0-16 following a couple of good frees converted by Conor Mallon. It seems too much to ask for the Tyrone team to pull this one out of the fire.

Six minutes left on the clock and it’s not looking good for Dungannon as a thirteen metre free is converted by an Armagh defender and they move three points ahead 0-14 to 2-05. Three Errigal Ciaran men Davy Harte, Mark Harte and John Devine in charge of this St Pat’s Armagh team.

With thirteen minutes left on the clock Dungannon are making a real go of it. They have brought on Ryan Devlin who was not fit enough to start and two fine points from midfielder Diarmuid Carroll leaves the score 2-05 to 0-13.

Six minutes into the second half and the game has truly turned around as Armagh continue to dominate. Points from Michael Carson and Philip Kelly put the Orchard county side ahead 0-12 to 2-03 when Conor Mallon has a shot that seemed destined for the net blocked on the Armagh line. At this stage there looks to be only one team that truly wants it and that is Armagh.

Armagh appear to have weathered the storm and following three converted frees from the boot of Michael Carson the gap is now down to a single point at the break. Dungannon still lead, but only just on a half time score of 2-03 to 0-08.

The clock is ticking down towards half time and three points from Armagh’s Tom Murphy narrow the gap to three. However Aidan Mc Garrity restores a four point differential with a fine score and Dungannon lead 2-03 to 0-05 with four minutes left until the break.

Dungannon continue to play well and with 15 minutes on the clock Stephen Laverty finishes to the net from close in and the Academy now lead 2-02 to 0-02 halfway through the first half.

There are six minutes played and Dungannon have gotten off to the perfect start when midfielder Peter Mc Kenna burst through in the opening fifteen seconds to hit the top left hand corner of the net for a super goal. Dungannon currently lead 1-00 to 0-01.

St Pat’s Dungannon travel to The Athletic Grounds to take on namesakes and great rivals St Pat’s Armagh as they attempt to make it through to the last four of this year’s competition. We will bring you all the news and live scores throughout the evening.



Advertise with us