Advertise with us

Mc Cormick Cup Final Updates.

Tuesday 14.12.2010
Team Talk Mag

There was some doubt tonight surrounding the playing of tonight’s Mc Cormick Cup Final but following a pitch inspection by referee Barry Cassidy the go ahead was given and the game will now get underway following a fifteen minute delay. We will bring you updates from the game as the scores and the major incidents happen.

first wide of the game from a difficult free by Liam Gervin

Enniskillen open the scoring with their first attack and an excellent point from corner back Cian Connors

Dungannon reply instant with 60m run by H O Conlon to Kiefer Morgan and it should have been a goal . A point apiece and four minutes gone.

Enniskillen goal from Brian Owens after 5 minutes following mistake by Sean Quinn in the Dungannon defence. Enniskillen 1-1 Dungannon 0-1

Poor crowd and little atmosphere as a Sean Quigley 40m free comes off the post and out for a 45 but it drops short and danger is averted.

Great score by Eunan Deeney on 12 minutes closes the gap to two points.

Good build up play and fine score from Mark Blake as Enniskillen restore their three point lead with 16 minutes on the clock. The Fermanagh side look

to be more up for the battle.

Dungannon goal as pass from midfielder and team captain found Aidan Mc Garrity in space and the Rock man finds the net to leave the sides level on 1-2 apiece with 18 minutes on the clock.

Fine save in Dungannon goals by young Kennedy to keep the scores level but there is little he can do as Richard Donnelly sends over a fine point to edge St. Michael’s ahead again.

8 minutes until half time Enniskillen lead 1-3 to 1-2.

28 minutes on the clock and the sides are level again 1-3 apiece following a great score from county minor Harry Og Conlon.

Wing half back Aidan Breen nudges Enniskillen ahead again with a fine strike with his right foot. Thirty minutes played. Half time whistle blows and Enniskillen ahead by one and looking good value for their lead with Ruairi Corrigan the most impressive player on view. Half time score Enniskillen 1-4 Dungannon 1-3.

2nd half begins with no changes on either side

Two minutes on the clock and Enniskillen keeper Ryan Mc Aleer makes a great save from Kiefer Morgan.

Sean Quigley strikes majestically to extend the Fermanagh lads lead to two points with 34 minutes played.

Enniskillen looking much hungrier and strong play in defence leads to another point from Quigley this time a fisted effort. 1-6 t0 1-3 soon becomes 1-7 t0 1-3 when corner forward Mark Blake scores and is followed immediately by a fine strike by Shane Lynch. Enniskillen lead by 5 with forty minutes on the clock. Not looking good for the Tyrone college and just as we say that Stefan Lavery finds the net to leave the score 1-8 to 2-3 for Enniskillen.

With Dungannon pushing hard a soft free at the other side allows Sean Quigley to open up a three point lead.

12 minutes remaining and Enniskillen looking comfortable . Several Dungannon players looking very weary and one or two suffering from cramp. Harry Og Conlon has moved to full forward but has had little space all night.

Into the last 7 minutes and three points still separating the sides as Dungannon win their first 45 of the night.

Enniskillen still leading by three as we enter the last five minutes of normal time.

A fine strike from wide on the right by John Joe Strain leaves Enniskillen leading by four 1-10 to 2-3 with a minute left.

Into injury time and Dungannon showing no signs of rescuing this one. Looks like The Mc Cormick Cup will rest in Fermanagh this year and Tyrone Colleges hopes of three titles in a row evaporate.

A Stefan Lavery punched “goal” ruled out for square ball infringement. 33 minutes on the clock but time must surely be up?

Final whistle and St. Michael’s celebrate winning the game on a final score line of 1-10 to 2-3.



Advertise with us