Advertise with us

Minor League Latest

Wednesday 20.04.2011
Team Talk Mag

Naomh Padraig had a great result in the latest round of club minor fixtures that were played on Wednesday evening as they beat neighbours Coalisland 4-10 to 3-10 with Paudie Bell, Conan Dorman, Donal Robinson and Gareth Devlin all featuring among the scores for the winners. Trillick picked up a good win as well when they defeated Drumragh 1-13 to 3-6 with Daire Gallagher, Stephen O’Donnell and Lee Brennan all getting their names on the score sheet. Killeeshil had a big win over Tattyreagh; 5-22 to 2-8 the final score line. Ruairi O’Neill and Conor Donaghy scored 2-8 between them with Eoghan Donaghy, Shane Quinn and Barry Quinn all playing well too.

Rock travelled to play Kildress but they lost out by six points on a night when Adam McVeigh [1-1], Aidan McGarrity [3] and Kevin Mallon all scored. Urney beat Owen Roes 4-6 to 1-11 with Steven Harper top scoring for the Leckpatrick men with 1-3 while Cathal McShane [3], Ryan Devine, Seamus Dooher, Charles Doherty, Ryan McShane and Steven Kelly all scored as well. Derrylaughan beat neighbours Stewartstown by the minimum margin with Sean Rush, Mark Rooney, John Lee, Ryan Devlin, Paddy Bleeks and Niall Dillon all doing well for the Harps.

Pomeroy took on Dungannon and the Plunketts triumphed 2-10 to 1-10. Sean Quinn top scored for the winners with seven points with Mickey Mills and James Quinn getting their goals with Brendan Burns [2] and Gavin Goodfellow also on target on a night when the winners were best served by Brian McKeever, Sean Quinn and Colin McGlone. Sean Molloy, Tiarnan Morgan, G Currie and B Cassidy were best for the Clarkes. Greencastle played host to Galbally and a last minute penalty conversion helped them to a 2-9 to 0-11 win over the visitors. Best for the Pearses were Fergal McGarrity and Christopher Morris with Neil Hagan, Ronan Nugent, Sean Murphy and Ryan Hagan all hitting points. Moy defeated Omagh “B” 3-14 to 1-8 with Stefan Lavery and Declan Conroy both finding the net.

Cappagh defeated Errigal Ciaran 2-12 to 1-13 in a hard fought encounter. Mark Kavanagh hit 1-3 for the Dunmoyle based lads with Sean McKenna [3], Michael McCann [2], Fergal Kelly [2], Pascal Donnelly, Tommy Traynor and Niall Quinn their other scorers on the night.  Conal Mc Cann and Barry Kelly battled hard for the home side with Mc Cann scoring 0-3. Mark Bradley 0-5 was a constant threat as was Joel Chesters 1-1 and Mattie Mc Cloy1-1. Indeed Mc Cloy’s goal with three minutes remaining proved to be the match winning score for Cappagh.

Score: 1-11 to 4-6: The minor clash of Urney and Owen Roes on Wednesday evening served up a cracking spectacle for those present. After the hour it was the goals that proved the difference earning Urney the spoils.

The games opening score came via a 45 after a few minutes from Brolly for Urney. A Cathal McShane free levelled up minutes later, before Ryan McShane repeated the dose, also from a dead ball.

Urney replied though when Owen Roes lost possession allowing the visitors to break. Jonah Lafferty the man applying the finish.

Cathal McShane got a score from play before superb Conor Doherty defending allowed Steven Kelly to clip over. Stephen Harper got his name on the scoreboard thanks to Fergal McNulty forcing an overturn of possession.

Just after the quarter hour though Urney came roaring back into it. A long ball down field was gobbled up by Lafferty who finished well to the net. Harper and Lafferty exchanged points as the game ebbed and flowed.

Roe’s stopper Ronan McNulty made a smart save before Seamus Dooher’s fine solo run was rewarded with a white flag. Ryan Devine got his name on the score sheet minutes later following some persistence by the wing back in the build up.

A short worked free allowed Cathal McShane to clip over as the half closed out.

However Urney weren’t finish and closed the half out when Brolly’s thumping drive fizzed past McNulty in goal to leave the half time scores level.

Lafferty put Urney into an early lead before Ryan McShane fisted a dropping ball over the bar. The game was tight and tense and some solid defending saw both teams find scores hard to come by.

With 44 minutes played Owen Roes found their way to goal. A quick free found Harper in space. The forward quickly turned and slammed the ball to the net.

The lead was short lived though as Urney found a goal of their own and a Lafferty point restored their lead with ten minutes to play. This rattled the home side and within seconds the nippy full forward found the route to goal once more to put his side firmly in control.

Lafferty tagged on a further point before Charles O’Doherty replied for the home side. However it was Urney who had control and they saw out the last ten minutes with little incident to end Owen Roes’ unbeaten start to 2011.

Referee: Sean Darcy (Tattyreagh)


Ronan McNulty, Kevin Kelly, Conor Doherty, Sean Dooher, Conor Casey, Ryan Devine (0-1), Seamus Dooher (0-1), Charles O’Doherty (0-1), Stephen Kelly (0-1), Fergal McNulty, Cathal McShane (0-3), Ryan McShane (0-2), Stephen Harper (1-2). Subs: Joe Casey (36 mins) for Fergal McNulty



Advertise with us