A number of clubs have been enquiring about the possibility of running a level one children’s course within the County. This would be the first course of its kind to be run in the County for Club coaches. In June 2011 the Games Development Officer ran a level one children’s course for summer camp coaches.
The course is tailored to meet the needs of coaches who are working at U8, U10 and U12 level and who have previously completed the foundation award.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
1. Organise a programme of games and skill development activities appropriate to each participant’s needs and abilities
2. Organise progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop five key skills
3. Organise progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic Games
4. Organise and manage players for an effective coaching session
5. Build Rapport, Observe, Analyse, Explain, Provide Demonstration and Provide Positive feedback to Players
6. Understand the course philosophy.
If there is an adequate demand to run the course it is proposed that it would take place over two weekends in March. Can any Club which would be interested in availing of the course please let me know by Wednesday 1st February? A minimum of 18 coaches is required for the course to run.