Advertise with us

Tyrone Defeat Favourites Derry To Make The Ulster Final.

Saturday 30.06.2012
Team Talk Mag

Tyrone – D Martin, R Mullan, P Hampsey, C Harvey, R Kelly, C Mallon, P McKenna [0-1], R Brennan [0-1], A Devlin [0-1], K McGeary, J McGahan [0-5], R Sludden [0-1], M Bradley [0-4], D McNulty [0-1], S Hackett. Subs – C Corr for Kelly, R McGlone for Sludden, D Carroll [0-1] for McGeary, C O’Neill for McGahan

Derry – C Bradley, D Brown, C McAtamney, G McKinless, C Carville, M Sweeney, R McDonnell, P Cassidy, R Bell, J Kearney [0-2], R Dougan, C McFaul [0-1], G Bradley, D Tallon [0-1], T O’Brien [0-2]. Subs – N McNicholl for Tallon, D Mullan for Bell, J Barton for Bradley, R McElwee for Dougan, C Gallagher for McDonnell

Time is almost up and Derry send it high into the square as Diarmuid Carroll replaces Kieran Mc Geary. Great catch by Caolan Harvey on the edge of the square and Carroll marks his appearance with another point and Tyrone now lead 0-14 to 0-6, Ruairi Brennan makes it 0-15 to 0-6 with a fine score from almost forty metres. Tyrone are through to the Ulster final.

Two minutes of additional time and Bradley gets his third of the second half to round off another fine individual display. Tyrone lead 0-13 to 0-6

Tyrone survive as Derry miss another goal chance and with 2 minutes plus injury time left Tyrone still lead by six as Cormac O’Neill replaces top scorer James Mc Gahan.

Derry miss with another lazy effort as we enter the last five minutes of the game.

Another yellow card for Tyrone with Ruairi Mullan the recipient this time, the free is converted by Derry and Ruairi Sludden who has worked exceptionally hard all day is replaced by Aghaloo’s Ruairi Mc Glone.

A strong run through the middle and good finish from Anthony Devlin puts Tyrone 0-12 to 0-5 in front with 22 minutes on the clock.

Brilliant save from Daire Martin full length to his right to deny Derry a goal. Derry are wide with the resulting 45.

Danny Mc Nulty looks very tired at full forward as Caolan Corr does really well in defence. Big Mc Nulty does well to convert an almost impossible chance and makes it 0-11 to 0-5 with 19 minutes on the clock.

James Mc Gahan with his fifth and best point of the day makes it Tyrone 0-10 , Derry 0-4 but with the Tyrone defence awol Ciaran Mc Faul gets Derry’s fifth point on 15 minutes.

Caolan Corr yellow card for Tyrone and another change for Derry. Another yellow for Tyrone as Anthony Devlin picks up a card.

Great defensive work by Tyrone repels a Derry attack.

Nine minutes on the clock and Tyrone ahead by five but Derry looking dangerous in attack.

Yellow card for Conor Mallon for a late challenge. Cards beginning to mount up for Tyrone, seven minutes gone in the second half Tyrone 0-09, Derry 0-04 as Mc Gahan lands his fourth point.

Tyrone change as Derrytresk’s Caolan Corr replaces Ruairi Kelly. Yellow card Sean Hackett.

Derry win a free 13 metres out and Kearney gets his team’s fourth point but Tyrone still comfortably ahead 0-8 to 0-4.

Mark Bradley with Tyrone’s first score of the second half and Tyrone move four ahead, make that five, same player fabulous finish, Bradley really flying at the start of the second thirty minutes.

Tyrone take to the field knowing they face a tough thirty minutes of football if they are to make it through to the Ulster final, no changes on either team at the break.

A great day for football as the sun breaks through. Talk of changes on the Tyrone senior team but still no word of what they are. Derry back out on the field and looking ready for battle.

Derry profligate in the first half with seven wides and trail by three 0-6 to 0-3 at the break. In terms of possession the Oak Leaf County bossed it but their lack of a cutting edge in front of the posts could cost them dearly.

Well into three minutes of additional time and Tyrone squander a chance of a goal after a great catch from Danny Mc Nulty.

28 minutes on the clock, Tyrone move 0-6 to 0-3 ahead with a free from James Mc Gahan from 45 metres.

James Mc Gahan with a fine point on 25 minutes makes it 0-5 to 0-3 for Tyrone.

Derry’s greater physicality making a difference in the fifty fifty challenges.

Daire Martin with a brilliant save after Derry split Tyrone wide open.

Tyrone beginning to play a bit better, they have turned Derry over a few times but Sean Hackett misses a great chance to put the Red Hands two ahead. 17 mins played.

Peter Mc Kenna makes it 0-4 to 0-3 with the best point of the first half.

Terence Mc Hugh with a 40 metre free makes it 0-3 to 0-2 on 12 minutes. And it is all square with another Derry free this time for James Kearney

James Mc Gahan with a forty six metre free makes it 0-03 to 0-01 for Tyrone with ten minutes on the clock.

A stoppage in play after a clash in the middle of the field but Derry beginning to get on top in the vital areas with several good blocks. Yellow card for Danny Mc Nulty and Derry are wide with another very scorable free.

Derry get their first score with a nice point from Danny Tallon. Tyrone 0-02, Derry 0-01.

Derry’s first attack sails harmlessly wide after two minutes.

Mark Bradley scores a fine point after 15 seconds for Tyrone. Ruairi Sludden makes it 0-02 to no score with a a fine run and point.

Tyrone defending the Roslea Road end.

The pitch really is in immaculate condition, not a big crowd as of yet but with little or no breeze we can look forward to two very exciting games of football. Derry are favourites in this one but hopefully Tyrone can cause an upset and make it through to the Ulster final.

The changes on the Tyrone side see both James Mc Gahan and Anthony Devlin for Diarmuid Carroll and Sean Molloy.

Both teams out warming up in the bright sunshine here at clones. Pitch in great shape and talk of one or two changes on the Tyrone team. We will bring them to you once they are announced.



Advertise with us