Advertise with us

Division Three Wrap Up

Sunday 08.07.2012
Team Talk Mag

Aghaloo got off to a flier landing two goals in the opening five minutes through Cathal Cuddy and Ruairi Mc Glone against Fintona this afternoon. The Pearses did their best to close the gap with goals of their own from Aaron Mc Carney and Mark Kelly as the home side reached the break leading 2-7 to 2-3. Aghaloo managed to maintain that four point gap throughout the second half as both sides landed six points apiece and with Stevie Donnelly (0-4), Tiernan Donnelly (0-2) and John O’Neill (0-2) hitting eight points between them the border side took the points on a score of 2-13 to 2-9.

Tattyreagh and Glenelly played out an entertaining draw at Darcy Park today as the home side came from two behind at the break to salvage a well earned point. It was Glenelly who looked the side most likely in the first half as Kevin Mc Cullagh (1-1), Seamus Harkin (0-2) and Cathal Nicholas (0-2) were all on target. Robert Porter hit Tattyreagh’s first half goal while Ryan Pritchard was among the points for the home side. The visitors led 1-6 to 1-4 at the break and were still two ahead as the game entered the last fifteen minutes but Tattyreagh fought back well and with Robert Porter(0-2) and Conor Taggart(0-1) on target they tied the game at the end at 1-8 apiece.

Brackaville Owen Roes continued their fine form with a convincing 0-12 to 0-4 win over a dogged Dregish outfit. Sean Corr opened the scoring for the home side before Paddy and Ciaran Gervin hit three points between them to open a 0-4 to no score lead. Dregish broke their duck with two points but a Marty Gervin point sent Brackaville in at the break leading 0-6 to 0-3. The home side improved considerably after the break and landed five points in a row from Sean Corr (0-3), Cahir Mc Guinness and Paddy Gervin before Dregish got their only score of the second half. A final point courtesy of Ciaran Gervin sent the Brackaville fans away happy as their team maintained their 100% start to the season and top place in the league.

Castlederg lost narrowly against local rivals Drumquin after conceding a late goal having led the game from the opening few minutes. Brian Coyle opened the scoring for the home side and by half time they had raced into a 2-3 to 0-2 lead with their second goal coming from top scorer Mark Corry. However the Derg lost their way in the second half and fell to the sucker punch of that late goal to end up on the wrong end of a 1-8 to 2-4 score line.

Drumragh travelled to Clogher this afternoon and came away with the point following a narrow 2-6 to 1-8 win. In a close first half the visitors built up a three point 0-6 to 0-3 lead at the short whistle. A goal from the penalty spot by Sean Mc Gale early in the second half put them into a strong position but it took an injury time goal from Marty Lowry to ensure the points went to Clanabogan on a final score of Clogher 1-8, Drumragh 2-6.

Dungannon defeated Newtownstewart 1-8 to 1-5 in a dress rehearsal of their championship clash but finished the game with thirteen players. Matthew Walsh, Adam Mallon and Patrick Quinn got early points for the Clarkes while Sean Anthony Burns hit their all important goal. Newtown replied with three points in a row but Mallon hit the last point of the half to leave Dungannon comfortably in a strong position at the break 1-4 to 0-3 ahead. The visitors got the first score of the second half but The Clarkes responded with points from Padraig Mc Nulty, Dominic Hans and two from Patrick Quinn. Dungannon had two men sent off and lost their way slightly conceding 1-2 late in the game but held on to maintain their impressive run in the league and keep the pressure on their rivals Brackaville.

Brocagh made home advantage count but only just against an Owen Roes side who gave it everything in pursuit of their first win of the season. Ciaran Donnelly and Michael Hughes featured among the scorers for the Emmetts with Brendan Boggs and Ronan Parker getting the visitors’ goals on the day.



Advertise with us