Advertise with us

Galbally Too Strong For Tattyreagh

Sunday 02.10.2022
Team Talk Mag
Championship Football

LCC Tyrone IFC
Galbally 6-12 Tattyreagh 2-7

Tattyreagh were well in this game at the break.  Their brilliant start to the game had Galbally on the back foot early on and by the half time whistle they only trailed by two points.  The the full time whistle that gap was 17 points.  There wasn’t a single person in Clogher that didn’t leave very impressed by Galbally’s second half performance.  They outscored their opponents 3-11 to 1-2 in the second half to set up a semi final with Killeeshil.

Tattyreagh could not have dreamt of a better way to start the game.  Inside four minutes they led Galbally 1-2 to no score.  They opened with a well taken Niall Murray punched goal to the net following some superb build up play.  A James Darcy point and another from midfielder Eoghain Murray had the Tatts thinking that an upset was on the cards.  By the 13th minute however they trailed by a point and they would never lead in the game again.  A 6th minute Conor Donaghy penalty was followed up by a well taken Liam Rafferty goal following a mistake in the Tattyreagh defence.

By the quarter hour mark Galbally had extended the lead to two points as a result of a well taken score by Mark Donnelly who had started the game in place of Barry Carberry.  A 22nd minute free from Johnny Harkin did bring the Tatt’s back to within a point again but that was to be short lived as Ronan Nugent rammed home the Pearses third major of the half.  Tattyreagh did ease the lead back to two points by the short whistle.  Brendan Armstrong and James Darcy landing scores from play.  Half Time – Galbally 3-1 Tattyreagh 1-5.

That two point lead went to an eight point advantage within 7 minutes of the restart.  Ronan Nugent clipped over the first point followed by a Conor Quinn point, two frees from Conor Donaghy and another from Mark Donnelly.  Donaghy popped up with his third point on of the game in the 37th minute.  Tattyreagh in fairness kept plugging away and they were rewarded with a brilliantly taken goal from the boot of Conor Taggart in the 39th minute.  That score was followed up by another James Darcy point from play.  Galbally responded in superb fashion.  Substitute Daniel Kerr popped the passed to John Heatherington who steamrolled the ball to the Tattyreagh net.  Another Liam Rafferty point wiped out the last two Tattyreagh scores.

A 50th minute free from James Darcy would be Tattyreagh’s final score of the game.  Galbally powered home with two brilliantly taken Daniel Kerr goals, three frees from Conor Donaghy and a second Liam Rafferty point from play.  Final Score – Galbally 6-12 Tattyreagh 2-7.

Galbally – R McGeary, A Carberry, C Quinn 0-1, Conor Donnelly, M Lennon, S Og Mulgrew, J Heatherington 1-0, E McGarrity, Cormac Donnelly, S Wylie, L Rafferty 1-2, R Nugent 1-1, M Donnelly 0-2, C Donaghy 1-6, S Murphy, Subs – S Hurson, D Kerr 2-0, B Nugent, D McVeigh

Tattyreagh – C Mimnagh, G McElholm, F Armstrong, J Cartin, N Murray 1-0, P Mullan, A Allen, D McGloin, E Murray 0-1, K McDonagh, J Harkin 0-1, E McGinn, C Taggart 1-0, J Darcy 0-4, B Armstrong 0-1, Subs – C Leonard, R Collins, L Devlin, C Mullin, J Cartin

Referee – Jerome McElroy (Aghaloo)



Advertise with us