Advertise with us

ACL | Division 3 Results & Wrap Up

Sunday 15.05.2016
Team Talk Mag

Tyrone ACL Division 3

Fintona 1-12 Drumquin 1-10
Dregish 1-8 Clogher 6-11
Rock 1-14 Newtownstewart 1-10
Tattyreagh 1-11 Castlederg 1-5
Killyman 0-5 Brocagh 4-17
Killeeshil 2-10 Glenelly 1-12

Drumragh 0-16 Clan na Gael 0-8
Beragh 0-17 Errigal Ciaran 0-8

Drumragh enjoyed a fairly convincing win over Clan na Gael on Sunday. Top scorer once again was Kevin Marron with 0-4 while Martin Taggart, Paul Maguire, Eamon Rea, Tommy Mullin and Shane Cleary all bagged a brace of points each. Goalkeeper James Colgan and Barry Fitzgerald were the Sarsfields’ other scorers as they recorded a double scores 0-16 to 0-8 victory. Damian Ball and Michael O’Neill hit a pair of points apiece for the Clan while Sean O’Kane, Ryan Devine, Ryan Mc Gill and Dominic Devine accounted for the remainder of the north Tyrone team’s scores.

Killyman were on the receiving end of another heavy defeat when they lost out to a very well drilled Brocagh side. The St Mary’s found scores hard to come by and reached the break losing 4-8 to 0-3. Ciaran Og Hughes, Enda Mc Gahan and Mickey Donnelly got their side’s points against a Brocagh side that were really on fire. Mickey Hughes (1-3), Justin Campbell (2-0), Sean Mc Fall (1-0), Ciaran Donnelly (0-2), James Mc Kiver (0-2) and Michael Carolan were responsible for the Emmetts first half scoring. The second half saw Brocagh add ten points to their first half total with Donal Robinson top scoring with 0-4 while Decky Boyle and Caolan Morgan scored Killyman’s two second half points.

Killeeshil were made to fight hard for their one point win over Glenelly. Veteran Shane Mallon top scored for the winners with 2-4 while John Mc Mullan and Conal Monaghan landed five points between them. Glenelly will feel this was one they let this slip but will take confidence from their display. Shayne Devine hit 1-2 while Ronan O’Kane (5) and Seamus Harkin (4) were responsible for the majority  of their scores.

Tattyreagh continued their fine form with a six point win over Castlederg and in so doing made it five wins from five starts. The Derg finished the game with fourteen men following a red card seventeen minutes into the game. Mark Corry bagged two first half points as the teams reached the break tied at 0-3 apiece.

Super sub Collie Harkin helped the Tatts open up a three point lead early in the second half before a Corry penalty tied the game again. However Tattyreagh finished the game strongly with Harkin finding the net to win 1-11 to 1-5. James Darcy and Ciaran Harkin both bagged a brace of points apiece for the winners.

Fintona maintained their winning run with a narrow but hard fought win over Drumquin on a 1-12 to 1-10 score-line. Aaron Mc Carney, Pauric Kelly and Tommy Mc Grath shared the first half scoring for the Pearses as they reached the break 0-8 to 0-3 in front while Eamon Teague and Paul Sheridan hit points for Drumquin.

The Tones started the second half with a Sheridan goal and Teague landed five second half points as Fintona were made to battle hard for the win. The Pearses finished with fourteen men but a 47th minute goal from Aaron Mc Carney swung the game back in Fintona’s favour before veteran Markie Donnelly sealed victory with a late fisted free. Final score: Fintona 1-12, Drumquin 1-10.

Clogher turned on the style to defeat Dregish 6-11 to 1-10. Most of the damage was done inside the opening twenty minutes when the Eire Ogs hit the net five times. Dregish just did not recover from that early blitz and in truth the game was over at that stage. Fergal Mc Kenna (2-0), Mark Mc Connell (1-3) and Ciaran Shields (0-5) for did most of the damage for Clogher while there were goals also from Dermot Mc Caffrey, Martin Shortt and Paul Tierney. On a day to forget for Dregish Aidan O’Kane (0-4) and Tony Quinn (0-3) top scored for the Pearse Ogs.

Rock had four points to spare over an improving Newtownstewart winning on a 1-14 to 1-10 scoreline. Aidan Mc Garrity top scored for the winners with 1-4 while Conor Mc Creesh also landed five of his team’s points.  Rock reached the break leading 0-7 to 0-4 but were rocked back on their heels shortly after the break when Newtown hit 1-2 inside the opening six minutes of the half through Ryan Mayse (1-0) and Aidan Mc Sorley (0-2). Mc Sorley was then black carded and with his dismissal much of the industry and endeavour of the St. Eugene’s disappeared. Aidan Mc Garrity hit the net in the 48th minute and Rock grew in confidence from then to record a 1-14 to 1-10 win.




Advertise with us